Monday, February 7, 2011

Our first mix up

Well you heard it!

We mixed em up.

Carter was Luke and Luke was Carter. We took the babies on their first outing to Nana and Grandpa's for the super bowl. When we got home, we both grabbed a baby from the backseat (one of which I had to console the whole way home..I swore it was Luke..but it was dark.) We get inside, Sean starts the breathing treatment but half way through I questioned if he was giving the treatment to the right baby. We went back and forth questioning who was who. We went on for nearly two minutes trying to find Luke's distinct little wrinkle on his forehead. Needless to say, we were e x h a u s t e d, the babies were in the same car seats, same outfits, same pacis, just different socks. We couldn't find a difference between the two until I remembered, Luke was in a different shirt after peeing on himself while getting his diaper changed. Phew, thank goodness for that! Luckily, it was only a breathing treatment. I have a feeling this will be the first of many mix ups.
 
 Alas, we are making it. We are tired, we eat meals at crazy times and we get the babies confused in the dark but we're lovin' every second. We always wanted a big family..a loud one at that and now, I think we are getting what we wished for and it is so much fun!

Are they looking more alike?
  
Or is it just me?

Sometimes we forget to count our blessings when things are going so great so I thank God today for the little miracles that were brought into our lives and I thank him for the patience I have been given.

"Patience does not develop overnight. God’s power and goodness are crucial to the development of patience."

We didn't get out in the snow the last few days but we did dress up really warm and we cuddled as long as possible.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment