Friday, October 29, 2010

The longer the better: Day 5

Last night (3am) I was given a shot in my left arm for contractions that had started. The nurses monitor these, I don't usually even feel them. Or what may be a contraction to me, just feels like movement of the babies.

This morning (7:15am) the doctor said "For every day that you stay pregnant, you will take off 2 days of the babies staying in the NICU." I guess that's a good way to put it. I take it, I'm in for the long haul. She also said any small contractions I am having need to be watched very closely because my cervix is very thin already. Once, I start contracting and if they progress, the contractions will most likely not stop which leads me into labor and this would call for immediate delivery of a C-section.

The more I think about this whole situation, I miss my brand new home that we just moved into, I miss seeing my furry-furry, green eyed, grey haired Harley, I just miss his face so much. I miss my school schedule and seeing all the kiddos and the really sweet kids who like to hug my tummy and say "Hi twins" or "Hello babies", I miss so many things right now and even though I have family coming and going here at the hospital, things just aren't the same. How long will this last?? I guess this is the part where I have to stop being selfish and remember how much these babies are depending on me.

The "always" relaxed hubby at my bedside
I keep asking myself What is God's plan?? What comes next, Lord? When does Sean get to hold his two little babies? He's going to be the best daddy in the world! He's already the best husband, what more could a girl ask for?

Enough of the sappy stuff. I'm pregnant, with a constant full bladder and now I'm emotional.

I'm in and out of the bed more and more now.

The babies were 2.4lbs and 2.5lbs on Monday and approximately 14-15 inches so I'm waiting for the next update on their size. Keep growing you lil' coffey beans, Keep Growin'!


Nurse: Rachel and Kym
Dr. Collins
Visitors: Ken, Sylvia, Sean, Kat, Mom, Angie, John, Melissa, Casey

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you're going to make me cry! And you are not being selfish, those are completely normal emotions. I am just happy that they are able to develop and you are staying strong. Can't wait to see you on Monday!

    ReplyDelete