Saturday, November 27, 2010

Breathing: NICU day 26

The babies were doing great again today. Sean and I both got to Kangaroo with them. Sean held Carter and I got to hold Luke for the first time. Carter did well minus the few times he pulled his tube off of his nose. Sean really enjoyed holding Carter and the closeness they got to share. While I was holding Luke, he got a little too comfortable and decided to just stop breathing. Machines and red flashing lights started going off and I think my heart stopped. The nurses ran over to wake him up by rubbing on his back and tapping on him to simply remind him, to breath. They say that preemies sometimes can get so comfortable, they just forget to breath. I think I needed oxygen after that episode. Luckily, it only lasted for several seconds and then we were back to sharing the special moment together. 

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him.
Romans 8:28

1 comment:

  1. Ahh! I remember that happening with both my girls. Talk about giving their mama a heart attack!! Praying for those sweet boys' lungs, breathing, and eating. They'll be home before you know it! Also praying for YOU every day.

    ReplyDelete