Sunday, November 28, 2010

Surprise: NICU day 27

The boys are looking cuter and cuter everyday and I am so anxious to bring them home.

Today was another great day for them. Carter was taken off of the big blue nose tube and now he is on a small clear cannula which is very exciting because he is really progressing. We can see his whole face now without all the mouth tubes, nose tubes and hat. He no longer has a big machine working for him.
Carter

Luke (without the tube for a second)
 The nurse said that Luke is just a day or two behind Carter's progress but he is also doing very well. I think the steroids are really helping their lungs. They are both taking 18 ml of milk eight times a day now and they both weigh 3 pounds!!! They have had several really good days in a row so I hope and pray they can keep this up.

Thank you for all the prayers so far. God is working miracles on these little guys.

I start back to work tomorrow after being off for five weeks and I think it's going to take a lot to get me back into the routine of things. Three weeks and then we're off for Christmas break..I can do it!

2 comments:

  1. God is soooooo good. So glad to hear your little guys are doing so well. Good luck going back to work...I remember my first day back like it was yesterday. It was super hard, but it was nice getting back into a "new" routine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a momma you can do anything! Glad you are hanging in there! I can't wait to meet you next weekend! God is good and will not give you more than you can handle.
    Take care! :) Michele

    ReplyDelete