Tuesday, February 15, 2011

reflux perhaps

Phew! I can breathe. Nana is here all week helping out and she has that special touch when I need a break. It will be really hard next week after she has to go back to work. I ran up the street to get some groceries and I got stuck waiting at the pharmacy for a prescription because they had the name Luke Carter Coffey on the profile so they could not give me the medicine that was originally prescribed for Carter..long story short..I waited for 45 minutes while they straightened things out. Mom was at home with two hungry babies and she got to experience the crying war! Wait, did I saw war? I mean the Carter-cry-fest. He just loves to cry. He doesn't do it too often but once he starts he doesn't stop until he gets really loud. And when we're in the middle of feeding Luke, it's tough to console him. Luke is so patient through everything.

We went to the doctor on Monday and the boys are doing great and growing well. The pediatrician cleared up a lot of questions for me. All the fussiness is most likely related to the high calorie formula. They also might be suffering from some reflux which requires them to be upright more often than we think; we got some medicine to help with that. I was really praying we didn't have a little colic baby on our hands.

Luke now weighs 8 lbs and 9 oz.
Carter weighs 9 lbs and 8 oz.
Chubby babies..and oh sooo cute! Just waiting for some more hair to grow in.


They are such blessings to us.


Uncle Chuy and Aunt Angie
Nana and Luke
Grandpa and Carter
Aunt Kat and Luke
Great Grandma
Grandma


1 comment:

  1. Sounds so familiar! Our pedi told us it was the high calorie formula as well! Joshua has had reflux since he was in the NICU, so we keep him upright as long as possible after eating and it helps a lot. His prevacid helps too =)

    ReplyDelete