Friday, February 25, 2011

A walk in the park

Caring for twins sure aint a walk in the park.. However, we did take our first walk on Wednesday and I think the boys enjoyed the different scenery. It made me enjoy our neighborhood even more than I already do. We have a really nice park and pool across the street. The boys will get great use out of it really soon, I'm sure. I'm ready for the weather to start getting nicer so we can take many more walks.

Carter is still waking up every three hours to be fed. Luke can sleep for four and five hours easily so it makes it pretty challenging as we're trying to get on a consistent schedule. I've been reading (like 3 pages at a time, but almost finished) Baby Wise. I heard really great things about the book so hopefully I can finish it before the boys are 1.

I think I mentioned in the last post that the boys are lifting their heads. They're at the stage where I don't think they realize just how heavy their heads are, so we're getting a lot of head butts and nose dives to our chest. I just trimmed fingernails the other day and now I'm working on trimming them all again today. I have 17 more. Yes, 17..Carter allowed me to do three of his before he started making a tight fist. The boys are starting to fit into 3 month clothing (as they approach 4 months old). So, we are getting bigger and H E A V I E R.

I'm enjoying being home right now, even as hectic as it can get some days. All I gotta do is think about traveling to the hospital to see them and I quickly can snap out of it. I mean, anyone who doesn't know what it's like to have two infants at the same time has no idea how much of a HOT MESS a person can actually be! It's literally juggling babies at time. My mother in law says, "I just grab the baby who cries louder." Andddd, that's what you gotta do folks! No, it's really not that bad. Luckily, God has blessed us with a really patient baby so poor thing, he tends to get held and fed 2nd on most occasions. However, we make up for it when the other is sound asleep.

I sure can't wait to see what kind of personalities they'll evolve into. But for now...I'll soak up the little bundles they can be. (Speaking of bundle,Luke can literally roll into a ball) See..

3 comments:

  1. So sweet Amy! Im glad ya'll got to enjoy a little time outside especially with the nice weather. Luke is so precious rolled up in a little ball...what a sweetie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy! I was talking to Melissa and seeing if maybe after she gets out of school on Friday I can come by and meet you and the boys (all of this can change if my girls decide to come sooner).
    I did a combination of Baby Wise, Happiest Baby on the Block and another book that I can't think of the name of. I will share more with you when I visit. Maybe you can give me some suggestions too, since we're about to be in your shoes! :)
    Glad that you're adjusting well, God is good and always in control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, come on over!! I would love to meet you. Melissa talks about you a lot. =) Hang in there..and hopefully those babies will stay in as long as possible!

    ReplyDelete