Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It's been awhile..

I haven't posted in awhile because we've been a little busy..yeah, just a tad! School is coming to an end and Boy am I ready for the Summer! This summer E S P E C I A L L Y.  I'm even looking forward to sleeping in...and I'm sure you're wondering how? Well, Sean and I have this little trick we do on Saturday mornings. The boys are used to waking up every morning at 5am to get fed, however on Saturday's we just turn their swings on, (Yes, they're still sleeping in their swings..eek!) and they fall back to sleep for another 3 hours, No Lie! It's like a little mind game we play on them but hey, it works and we get a few more zzzz's. What can I say, these boys can sleep like their Momma can! 


They are doing so good. Carter has rolled over a couple more times (tummy to back) and Luke is doing everything he can to roll over from his back to his tummy. The boys love being read to, which is so enjoyable for Sean and I. I want them to enjoy books early on so they'll want to read more often as they grow..[fingers crossed]. These boys are just super content' We've taken them more places lately and they just chill, literally they are great at "hangin' out". Need I remind you, sometimes we just simply don't go places because it's a huge hassle to time the feedings just right, pack the back, pack the car, get the stroller and lug the carseats to and from the car....all while we usually forget our own underwear or shoes. {this is happening less often now that I think about it...it just has to be the Right place and the Right time}





We took the boys to their first Birthday Party for our little friend Maddox; he turned One. The boys, of course could not partake in the Bounce House but they got to experience a birthday party for the first time. We have another little party in our near future...Safari party anyone? Little Monkey-Kyson!
What in the world did we do with our time before these little buntings? We still aren't finding a good slot of time each evening to cook like we used to because the boys are still eating every 3-4 hours (except for our long 11 hour nights..which is just magical.) so I told Sean I was going to make my homemade pizza on Sunday night, no matter what. And it was delicious! Here's a piece that was leftover. And yes, it's square because our round pizza pan does not fit in our oven. A simple solution: more crock pot recipes?


The boys have their 6 month Checkup this Thursday so I'm excited to see what our Pediatrician has to say about how big they've gotten. I'm guessing 14 pounds.. and the boys will soon be introduced to a little rice cereal..delish!



I'll end with The serious Stare-Off!




No comments:

Post a Comment