Wednesday, November 3, 2010

An absolute Miracle: Day 9

As of 7:30pm Monday evening (26 weeks 6 days) I started feeling contractions. The contractions picked up throughout the night. They hooked me be back up to an IV, gave me Magnisium Sulfate again, a shot in the left arm, and some antibiotics. The reason for the magnesium sulfate this time around was to help with Neuro development of the babies if I needed to deliver quickly.

Around 11:45pm Sean got the "Okay, you need to call family, I think these babies are coming tonight!" from the nurse.

Contractions continued and really picked up; my pain level started at 3's and by 1am they were 8's. The doctor checked my cervix several times and it had dilated each time.

By 3am they prepped me for surgery and rolled me back into the operating room. My mind was all over the place. I was cold, shaking and had a horribly dry mouth from the magnesium. Sean was able to sit right by my head and hold my hand during the whole surgery so we got to talk throughout the whole process. I had him describing all sorts of cold drinks hence I was so thirsty and could not wait to get some H20!! I remember talking about cranberry limeades, frozen margaritas and anything else served over ice. I was in shock that I was already in the operating room after only a week in the hospital. I didn't think this was going to happen so soon. If you've read my other posts, I thought I was going to be on bedrest for several more weeks. Turns out, the babies were just ready.

At 3:38am Carter Jacob Coffey was born, he weighed 2 lbs and 3 oz and he's approximately 14 inches long.
Carter all snuggled up
At 3:39am Luke Robert Coffey was born and he weighed 2 lbs and 5 oz, and also 14 inches long.
Luke and Daddy's hand
The babies are precious as can be; they look their Mommy, we think, but they have dark hair like their Daddy. Both babies are doing good.

1 comment:

  1. I am so incredibly happy for you! I cannot wait to see those precious little angels. You are such a strong mommy, looks like the Coffey boys are fighters! Love and Hugs!!!

    PS-I'm sick and bored at home, hency why I'm responding during the day. :0)

    ReplyDelete